It's interesting that Tekla have released an Educational version of their software. below are details that you get to see once registered. In some way's as a Revit User I'm half tempted to download and use this resource to see how the other half live.
It has to be said, being made redundant and deciding to set up as a one man band Limited company has brought home to me just how expensive BIM software actually is. Hopefully NanoCAD are looking at NanoBIM and ultimately we will be able to source 3D parametric modelling BIM software at a reasonable price.
Knowing Tekla increases your opportunities to land a job you like. Register for Tekla Campus now.
You can still get educational versions of Autodesk software from Here
Tekla Structures Learning is educational student configuration of Tekla Structures BIM software. Tekla Structures Learning includes the functionality of Tekla Structures full configuration, excluding the steel and precast fabrication functionality. The licensing terms limit the usage of Tekla Structures Learning for educational use only. Production use is prohibited.
Tekla Structures Learning configuration produces educational output:
- Building information models created or saved with Tekla Structures Learning are educational models. They are compatible with Tekla Structures Educational configuration, but they cannot be opened in commercial configurations of Tekla Structures.
- Drawings created or saved with Tekla Structures Learning display a watermark stamp inscribed with Tekla Structures Educational text.
- Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3
- 3 GB RAM - Graphics card with Open GL support
- Mouse with middle-button scroll
- Internet connection
Tekla Structures Learning license limits the usage of Tekla Structures Learning into one concurrent online session at a time. For occasional offline use, Tekla Structures Learning works without active internet connection for 24 hours at a time.
Tekla Campus discussion forum is the primary support channel for Tekla Structures Learning configuration. Tekla experts are available to help at the forum, and all Tekla Campus users are allowed and warmly encouraged to help each other here. The language of the Tekla Campus forums is English.