Saturday 6 October 2007

Introduction

Everyone is always on the learning curve; it’s just that some are further up that learning curve than others.

I have been using CAD since 1974. Between 1988 and May 2005 I took on the duties of CAD Manager and supported up to 70 CAD users within a multi-discipline Construction Consultancy. I’m a Structural Engineer who started life as a draughtsman, who has always done his own drawings and is a CAD-A-HOLIC.

I’m a “Power-User” when it comes to AutoCAD, IntelliCAD, Cadvance and Generic CADD, but a complete REVIT newbie and virgin.

I thought that it may be useful to other new REVIT users to document my struggle up the learning curve, perhaps like leaving breadcrumbs for them to follow and notice of dead-end paths, and learning perils for them to avoid.

I’ve added a REVIT area to my cadalot web site, starting as always with an extensive link page, with a brief description of what’s on each web / blog site.

No comments: