Tuesday 12 April 2011

Revit 2012 Software Ready for Download in the UK

.

Last night (about 10 hours ago) I saw a post by Glenn Jowett of Revit ST that the the 2012 products could be downloaded via the Subscription Centre, As normal only the English versions are available right now. The other language versions will be released over the next few months (but why do I care I speak English).
.
Revit 2012 New Features via WikiHelp

Not everything at Autodesk is ready for 2012 products, for example when I click on Free Trial where the nice new package for RAC2012 is pictured I get an opportunity to download 2011 (at least that's what it still looks like). There is a nice note saying that 2012 will be available soon.

Check out the Revit Kid as he has a warning

Appearently, it is not going to be as easy as it used to be to Activate or Re-Activate your Revit...  So, all those 3GB install packages you downloaded and the unpackaged 6GB files... SAVE THEM!   Or else you may be re-downloading them quite a bit.

Click here to see Revit Clinic's post about this unfortunate set-back in Revit 2012..."


As for me it took about 3 hours to download Revit and two versions of Structural Detailing plus all the add-ons and extensions, before I put myself to bed. This morning I've transfered that little lot to two DVD's so that I can take them to work. It would have taken me all day to download at work!
.

No comments: